At this time, we are not training new volunteers due to COVID-19. We will schedule the next New Volunteer Orientation when we can safely conduct orientation meetings and train new volunteers.
Make a difference in your community by helping the cats and kittens living at the shelter and in your own neighborhood. Every volunteer hour makes a difference!
Opportunities for volunteers include working in the shelter, fostering kittens, helping with fundraising events, community outreach, adoption counseling, office help and more! New volunteers are encouraged to fill out a volunteer application and return it to Nine Lives. Our volunteer coordinator will arrange an orientation and informational meeting.
Please note: Solo Shelter Volunteers must be at least 16 yrs old
Volunteers 13 to 15 yrs must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
Prerequisites for Volunteering
1. Be 13 years of age or older. Note: Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian when volunteering.
2. Be willing and available to volunteer at least 4 to 6 hours a month on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule for a minimum of 6 months (Volunteers can change schedule as needed.)
3. Complete/submit a Volunteer Application and a Volunteer Release Form. Note: Parents/guardians that will accompany/supervise volunteers less than 16 years of age must complete their own application (with a separate mobile phone # and email address) and release form.
4. Attend a New Volunteer Orientation. Note: All applicants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the orientation.
5. Complete applicable training. Note: This applies to parents/guardians that will accompany/supervise volunteers under 16 years of age.
6. Agree to adhere to Nine Lives policies and procedures.
7. Schedule and complete at least 1 volunteer shift within 3 weeks after completion of training.
You can make a difference!
Donate your time at Nine Lives Foundation to help us save cats!
There are many duties for shelter volunteers:
Cleaning food & water bowls
Washing & folding laundry
Sanitizing litter boxes, crates & carriers
Cat socialization & enrichment
General cleaning & organizing
Office & clerical duties
Solo Shelter Volunteers must be atleast 16 yrs old
Volunteers 13 to 15 yrs must be accompanied by a parent or gaurdian at all times
Foster parents provide care for kittens that are too young to be adopted. Starting in the spring, the shelter takes in hundreds of young kittens who need to be fostered until
they are at least eight weeks old.
A few weeks or months in a foster home means the difference between life and death. The more foster homes we have available, the more kittens we can save! If you have 2 weeks to 8 weeks you can make a difference.
Our events are vital to our fundraising, adoption and outreach efforts! Regardless of your area of interest, we would love your help at our upcoming events:
Raffle ticket sales
Securing Silent Auction items
Help with new fundraising ideas
Setup and breakdown
Marketing & Promoting events
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Other Ways to Help
There are many other areas where you can help us!
Drivers: pick up or transport cats & kittens
Tech Team- Computer & IT help
Office - Front desk & clerical duties
Shelter Maintenance, Improvements & Repairs
Baking & Cooking for events
New Fundraising Ideas
If you have a Volunteer Open House at your work- please invite us!
Have a great connection for a fundraiser venue or new ideas to raise funds & awareness? Please share!
Email us at email@example.com