At this time, we are not training new volunteers due to COVID-19. We will schedule the next New Volunteer Orientation when we can safely conduct orientation meetings and train new volunteers.
Make a difference in your community by helping the cats and kittens living at the shelter and in your own neighborhood. Every volunteer hour makes a difference!
Opportunities for volunteers include working in the shelter, fostering kittens, helping with fundraising events, community outreach, adoption counseling, office help and more! New volunteers are encouraged to fill out a volunteer application and return it to Nine Lives. Our volunteer coordinator will arrange an orientation and informational meeting.
Please note: Solo Shelter Volunteers must be at least 16 yrs old
Volunteers 13 to 15 yrs must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
Prerequisites for Volunteering
1. Be 13 years of age or older. Note: Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian when volunteering.
2. Be willing and available to volunteer at least 4 to 6 hours a month on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule for a minimum of 6 months (Volunteers can change schedule as needed.)
3. Complete/submit a Volunteer Application and a Volunteer Release Form. Note: Parents/guardians that will accompany/supervise volunteers less than 16 years of age must complete their own application (with a separate mobile phone # and email address) and release form.
4. Attend a New Volunteer Orientation. Note: All applicants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the orientation.
5. Complete applicable training. Note: This applies to parents/guardians that will accompany/supervise volunteers under 16 years of age.
6. Agree to adhere to Nine Lives policies and procedures.
7. Schedule and complete at least 1 volunteer shift within 3 weeks after completion of training.