Make a difference in your community by helping the cats and kittens living at the shelter and in your own neighborhood. Every volunteer hour makes a difference!
Opportunities for volunteers include working in the shelter, fostering kittens, helping with fundraising events, community outreach, adoption counseling, office help and more! New volunteers are encouraged to fill out a volunteer application and return it to Nine Lives. Our volunteer coordinator will arrange an orientation and informational meeting.
Please note: Solo Shelter Volunteers must be at least 16 yrs old
Volunteers 13 to 15 yrs must be accompanied by a parent or gaurdian at all times
Volunteer Orientation meetings
Saturday, November 2 from 10-11:30am.
Community Activities Building - Room 5
1400 Roosevelt Avenue
Please review the prerequisites for volunteering at Nine Lives listed below. If you are still interested in volunteering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Bring your completed Volunteer Application and Release Forms with you to the meeting or email them to us when you RSVP.
Prerequisites for Volunteering
1. Be 13 years of age or older. Note: Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian when volunteering.
2. Be willing and available to volunteer at least 4 to 6 hours a month on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule for a minimum of 6 months (Volunteers can change schedule as needed.)
3. Complete/submit a Volunteer Application and a Volunteer Release Form. Note: Parents/guardians that will accompany/supervise volunteers less than 16 years of age must complete their own application (with a separate mobile phone # and email address) and release form.
4. Attend a New Volunteer Orientation. Note: All applicants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the orientation.
5. Complete applicable training. Note: This applies to parents/guardians that will accompany/supervise volunteers under 16 years of age.
6. Agree to adhere to Nine Lives policies and procedures.
7. Schedule and complete at least 1 volunteer shift within 3 weeks after completion of training.